Muesli Bars Gluten Free Kids Healthy Snack
With the amazing benefits of a gluten free diet.
It may be worth encouraging your kids to try it, as well. For a tasty and nutritious snack, a gluten free muesli bar will surely fit the bill.
These scrumptious bars make the best choice for a healthy and energy-boosting snack or dessert.
In fact, every bar is made from wholesome ingredients such as dried fruits, coconut chips, sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds that are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
So, make sure your kids get the energy they need for their active lifestyle by giving them these delectable and homemade gluten free muesli bars.
For this recipe, you can may add various types of dried fruits to enhance muesli’s nutritive value and flavor.
Great choices of dried fruits to add include apricots and cranberries, which can also have an amazing effect to the overall appearance of the muesli bar.
Get your kitchen tools and ingredients ready, and check out this simple gluten free muesli bar recipe that the whole family will love.
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 3 1/2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of coconut chips (or coconut shavings)
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds
- 1 cup of chopped dried fruits (cranberries, apricot, mango, or papaya)
- 100 grams ( 3.5 oz) salted butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Olive oil (for greasing the baking pan)
1. Preheat the oven to 356 degrees F. Meanwhile, grease the rimmed baking pan and line it with baking sheets.
2. Next, place all the seeds, coconut chips, cornflour and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly and form a well in the middle.
3. Melt the butter, honey and maple syrup mixture. You may either do this by popping these ingredients inside a microwave, or melt them over low heat on the stove.
4. Stir in the melted syrup into your muesli mixture until it is coated evenly.
5. Transfer the mixture into the greased pan and bake from 20 to 30 minutes until it is golden brown in appearance. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick, and make sure that it comes out clean when you pull it out.
6. Once ready, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool at room temperature.
7. Allow the bars to set by placing the cooled pan in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours.
8. Then, slice according to your preferred size, which should just be the right size for a snack.
9. Wrap each piece with wax paper or plastic wrap, so your kids can just grab them for a tasty dessert or snack in school.
There you have it – a quick and easy gluten free muesli recipe that your kids will go crazy about!