Healthy Bircher Muesli Cereal
We all know that a fiber rich diet is a good way to
start a day
A Healthy Bircher Muesli Cereal is the perfect breakfast treat for everyone, looking for a healthy morning start!
It helps prevent a lot of problems related to the kidneys, intestine and metabolism.
A well prepared fiber meal also helps stabilize blood-sugar levels.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 15
- Rolled oats – 3 1/2 cup
- Mixed nuts and seeds – 1 – 1 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Honey (raw is best) – 3 tablespoon
- Dried fruit – 3/4 – 1 cup (mixture of all)
- Rice brown sugar – 1 -2 tablespoon
- Cinnamon – As per the taste
- Homemade vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Directions To Prepare
1. Preheat the oven at 180C or 280F.
Take a baking dish and line it up with baking paper.
2. Take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients well into it.
3. Combination of seeds and dried fruits that you use: almonds, macadamias, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, brazil nuts, flax seeds, sesame seeds, chopped dates, apricots, figs, raisins, currants, and cranberries.
4. Melt the honey on medium flame before mixing it into the mixture. You can also use maple syrup instead of honey.
Combine it with the mixture and mix until the mixture gets soft or tender.
You should not hurry though the mixing process. Do it as slowly as possible and do it patiently. In this manner, to mix it properly.
5. If you like your muesli to be sweeter, you can also use some brown sugar or cinnamon or vanilla.
6. Spread the mixture into the baking tray and put it in the oven. Do not leave the sight as it requires a constant monitoring so your mixture doesn’t burn or stick to the bottom during the baking process.
7. Once the oats turn golden, keep turning them after every 5 minutes so they turn brown uniformly. The whole procedure should not take more than 30 minutes.
8. When the muesli is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool down a bit. Stir the mixture again and top it up with some dried fruits again.
You can store and use the mixture for more than a month, when stored in a refrigerator.
You can serve this homemade muesli recipe with full-fat milk, but do not forget to try out a flash of presentation by using layers and filling them with yogurt and jam.