Breakfast Recipe Bircher Muesli
Breakfast Recipe Bircher Muesli – Introduced in the 20th century is considered to be one of the best and healthiest breakfast recipes.
A small bowl loaded with nutritional Bircher muesli ingredients…
…is the best alternative to any other breakfast menu.
It keeps you full all day and provides all the necessary vitamins and minerals that your body needs to work all day long.
Here, we are sharing with you the original Swiss muesli recipe which was developed more than a decade ago with some additional suggestions.
The ingredients used in the recipe provide a complete blend of taste and nutrition.
Bircher Muesli – Original
- Serving: 1
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes, total time taken: 5 minutes
Bircher Muesli Ingredients
- Rolled oats: 1 cup.
- Water: 1 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk: 1 cup.
- Lemon juice: 2 teaspoon
- Apple: 2 small (grated with skin)
- Almonds: 6 (chopped)
Instructions For Preparation
1. Take a glass bowl. Mix oats and water in the bowl and the mixture aside for a couple of minutes to soften the oats. You may also place the bowl in the refrigerator while you are making other arrangements.
It should be noted that oats don’t take more than a few minutes to get tender. So, there’s no need to soak them overnight.
2. Now, add a cup of condensed milk into the mixture, followed by lemon juice, Stir the mixture continuously to blend all the ingredients well. You can also use evaporated milk or regular milk for the same process.
Make sure you do not add lemon juice into the mixture directly or immediately after putting the milk, otherwise it will curdle. Let the mixture blend well first and then put lemon from the top.
3. Now, add the grated Apple into the mixture and stir it nicely. Add chopped almonds or any other nuts that you prefer into the mixture to enhance the nutritional value of the recipe.
Serve the recipe in the breakfast to your family members.
They’re definitely going to like it. It’s not just rich in nutrition, but also have exotic blend of different flavors that you kids would love to have every morning.
If you are fond of this healthy meal, then you can also add other rich bircher muesli ingredients such as grains, seeds and dried fruit in the mixture. You can create your own combinations to make your own breakfast.
Here are a few suggestions that you can consider adding in your recipe.
a) Grated carrot accompanied with sliced banana along with orange peels.
c) Sunflower seeds, flax seed, dried fruit, rolled grains, yogurt.
d) Maple syrup
e) Add nutmeg, cinnamon or vanilla powder for flavoring.