Bircher Muesli Spiced Strawberry
Most of us prefer to eat something cool during the hot summers. And a popular variant in this category alongside chilly drinks and frosty fresh fruit is the Bircher muesli aka overnight oats.
The reason it is considered a perfect breakfast item for summers is that is light yet refreshing and filling all at once. Moreover, for busy people it is the best option because of its extremely simple method of preparation.
This simple muesli has now been made even tastier by adding spiced strawberry sauce.
This is an uncooked strawberry sauce that is like a jam without any processed sugar.
Bircher muesli with spiced strawberry sauce is certainly going to be one of the most flexible, energy boosting and fulfilling raw breakfasts you would have ever had.
Bircher Muesli Spiced Strawberry Sauce Ingredients
- 2/3 cup oats or other whole grain
- 1 cup milk of your choice or water
- tsp freshly prepared lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds (Optional) these seed are high in omega 3’s
fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, more so than flax seeds
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl or jar and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
2. At the time of preparation, remove the bowl or jar from the refrigerator and let it remain at normal temperature for 10 minutes if desired.
3. Add yoghurt, milk and the Strawberry Sauce with added fresh fruit.
The spiced sauce of the bland oats is a blend of the sugariness of the berries and the warmth of spices, citrus and vanilla. It can not only be used with Muesli but also will go wtih with yogurt, pancakes and ice cream.
Spiced Strawberry Sauce
- 2.2 lbs of organic strawberries
- Zest of an organic orange
- 1/2 scraped vanilla bean
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 black peppercorn (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
1. Wash well and slice the strawberries into half, or into quarters depending on the size. Put them in a big container. Add all the other things and using a huge spoon, crush the berries so as to extract their juice. Remember to leave some berries intact.
2. Crush whole spices using a pestle and mortar before adding them to the jar.
3. Cover the mixture with a vacuum lid and marinate for an hour at least.
As you saw, a simple yet delectable recipe for a quick healthy breakfast! Sometimes, with a small effort there are great gains indeed! Now both of them are ready.
Go ahead add the delicious and spicy strawberry sauce with Bircher muesli and realize the taste of this killer combination yourself.