Bircher Muesli Almond Milk Recipe
Came into existence around the turn of the century. When it is prepared in the way mentioned below, it tastes delicious and perfect.
Although people have changed the way they use muesli these days. Most of the people use less fruit and more grains.
Basic Ingredients :
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large or 2 small apples, grated with skin
- 6 chopped almonds
First of all, you need to mix oats and water. It is important
to let them soften overnight.
You can keep them in the refrigerator for the whole night. Some people also soften them for just a few minutes.
This is because oats don’t need to be soaked in water for hours.
The next step is to add lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk to oats and stir the mixture.
In case you don’t have sweetened condensed milk, you can use evaporated milk, regular milk or cream.
However, you should not add lemon juice directly to milk and oats as it will curdle. You should sprinkle it over grated apples. Instead of using sugar, you can even try honey.
There are many people who add a lot of other things to this mixture. You can add different grains, seeds and dried fruits to enhance the appearance and taste of bircher muesli almond milk recipe.
Although it will not remain low-calorie, it will still act as a delicious pre-meal filler.
Certain additions include :
- Adding a sliced banana, grated carrot and orange section to oats.
- Using soft raisins with oats.
- Adding sunflower seeds, flax, rolled grains, dried fruit, dickmilch, yogurt, maple syrup and quark.
- Toasting grains before using them with milk.
- Making a granola mixture and serving it with yogurt or milk and fruit.
- Adding flavor like nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla powder.