Let’s Cook Toasted Homemade Alpen Muesli Recipe
It is a great way to make your boring and dull muesli meal a bit interesting and tempting.
It is delicious, colorful and extremely nutritious Alpen All Natural Muesli Cereal
You won’t feel the urge to have anything else for hours after having a fulfilling homemade toasted
The alpen muesli is made of rolled oats combined with a variety of nuts and other healthy elements. Let’s take a look at the recipe for preparing toasted homemade muesli. It is quick, easy and instant.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For Toasted Homemade Muesli Recipe
- Rolled oats – 3 cups
- Sunflower seeds – 1/4 cup
- Slivered almonds – 1/2 cup
- Hazelnuts – 1/4 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin seeds – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 1/2 cup
- Canola oil – 1 1/2 tbs
- Dried cranberries – 1/2 cup
- Apricots – 1/2 cup (roughly chopped)
- Milk/ yogurt – 1 cup (to serve)
Instructions To Prepare Toasted Homemade Alpen Muesli Recipe
1) Pre-heat the oven to 300 Fahrenheit.
2) Take a saucepan and heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on a medium flame.
3) Put the honey into the saucepan and let it blend with oil thoroughly in a low heat. Gently simmer for 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
4) Take a large glass bowl and combine all ingredients into it. Mix the ingredients well with the help of a wooden ladle.
5) Add the mixture into the warm honey and stir well, until the mixture seems completely coated with a layer of honey.
6) Now take a large baking sheet and spread out the mixture evenly into it.
7) Put the dish into the pre-heated oven and bake it for 10 minutes. It is advised to stir the mixture continuously after every 3-4 minutes to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
8) Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool down. Top it up with dried fruit and stir to blend well. You may consider any other toppings in place of dry fruits.
9) Serve the muesli prepared with milk or yogurt.
Muesli prepared can be stored in an airtight container and used for up to a month.
However, you can increase the shelf life by refrigerating it. When stored in the refrigerator, the mixture can stay fresh for up to 3 months.
It’s important to keep an eye on the recipe while it is in the oven. It is advised to stir it every 3-4 minutes to ensure it cooks evenly. You can prepare it in large batches and store for up to a month.